1. When should one take up the GRE?
If you are applying for the Fall Semester (Aug-Sep) , it would be ideal if you
have your GRE score latest by September of the previous year. The TOEFL can be
taken sometime after the GRE (say, mid-September) so that by November, all the
scores and the selection of universities can be made.
If you are applying for the Spring Semester (Feb), it would be ideal to have
your GRE score by March of the previous year.
2. What is the preparatory material required for GRE?
- You could have a look at the Seagull GRE Test
- You could also start off with basic reading
and books like ‘How to build a better Vocabulary’ and ‘All about
words’ by Norman Lewis and Rosenblum
- The ETS also provides a Powerprep software
when you register for the GRE.
3. How do I register for the GRE computer-based General Test?
In the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada there
are three ways to register for the GRE computer-based General Test.
Online- Credit card required.
- Phone - Call 1-800-GRE-CALL
(1-800-473-2255), 1-443-751-4820, or a test center directly. Credit
card or voucher number required.
- Mail - Download and complete
Authorization Voucher Request Form (PDF). Mail it with your
payment to the address printed on the form.